Dr. Bohdi Sanders is a multiple award-winning author of over 8 books on martial arts philosophy, self-help, and the science of living life to the fullest. His writing focuses on integrating universal wisdom, honor, and integrity into one’s personal life. He has won 9 national awards for his writing and his contributions to the martial arts.
Dr. Sanders is also a renown martial artist with over 31 years experience and is also a Martial Arts Hall of Fame inductee. While his main martial arts experience is in Shotokan Karate, he also has experience in Ninjutsu, Jujutsu, and Krav Maga. In addition, Dr. Sanders has extensive training in the holistic arts.
He has a doctorate in Natural Health and Naturopathy, and holds certifications as a Master of Acupressure and as an Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master. Dr. Sanders also holds certifications as a Certified Specialist in Martial Arts Conditioning and a Certified Personal Fitness Trainer from the nationally accredited International Sports Science Association. His scope of knowledge also includes extensive training in the fields of survival arts, meditation, bodywork, and herbology.
His books and articles are very popular with martial artists, military personnel, law enforcement officers, and people who simply want to improve their lives and live life to the fullest. His book, MODERN BUSHIDO, hit the #1 spot on Amazon.com, and amazingly, maintained a spot in the TOP 10 on Amazon.com’s Bestseller List for 101 WEEKS!
Each of his other books, WARRIOR WISDOM: Ageless Wisdom for the Modern Warrior, WARRIOR: The Way of Warriorhood, The Warrior Lifestyle, Defensive Living: The Other Side of Self-Defense, and Wisdom of the Elders, have also hit the TOP 10 on the Amazon.com Bestsellers List! In addition to his books, Dr. Sanders has written over 400 articles on subjects of interest to people who are interested in living life to the fullest, with honor and gusto, and is currently a columnist for TaeKwondo Times Magazine and for World Martial Arts Magazine. He also has a very large following on his Facebook page, Warrior Wisdom and the Warrior Lifestyle.
All of Dr. Sanders’ training has been integrated into a holistic way of life which he calls the Warrior Lifestyle. The Warrior Lifestyle goes much further than the basic martial arts lifestyle, encompassing spiritual, mental, and physical aspects of living life to the fullest. He is known for his innovative way of integrating worldly wisdom and spiritual wisdom from throughout the ages with the martial arts and living life to the fullest. This lifestyle focuses on the perfection of character, honor, and integrity, as well as defensive living and various spiritual aspects.
Among Dr. Sanders’ major accomplishments are:
- U.S.A. Martial Arts Hall of Fame – Warrior Award – 2013
- 2013 Indie Excellence Book Awards 1st Place Winner for Modern Bushido: Living a Life of Excellence
- USA Book News Best Books of 2013 1st Place Winner for Modern Bushido: Living a Life of Excellence
- 2010 Indie Excellence Book Awards 1st Place Winner for Warrior Wisdom: Ageless Wisdom for the Modern Warrior
- USA Book News Best Books of 2010 1st Place Award for Wisdom of the Elders
- The International Independent Martial Artist Association Hall of Fame – Best Martial Arts Books of the Year – 2011
- U.S.A. Martial Arts Hall of Fame – Martial Arts Literary Man of the Year – 2011
- The United States Martial Artist Association Hall of Fame – Inspiration of the Year – 2011
- United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame – Martial Arts Author of the Year – 2011
- Ph.D. in Natual Health
- Certified Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master
- Certified Master of G-Jo Acupressure
- Certified Specialist in Martial Arts Conditioning – International Sports Science Association
- Certified Personal Trainer – International Sports Science Association
- All of Dr. Sanders’ credentials may be verified at: Dr. Sanders’ Credentials.