One of my all time favorite television shows is Highlander…There is a lot to be learned from good, well written fantasy. We better hope so anyway, because unfortunately most of the younger generation are learning their values from movies and television.
Although not perfect, Highlander does offer many of truisms concerning honor and integrity. They are there if you look for them. Fortunately for my readers, I did look for them. Here are twenty quotes from Highlander that you should ponder…enjoy!!
* If you go hunting tigers be sure you are prepared to find one.
* The most important lesson:
Anger doesn’t give you an edge, it blunts you.
Make your adversary angry.
The madder he gets, the more chances
you have he will make a mistake.
* Don’t let your opponent see all your skills.
* Sometimes life doesn’t give you a choice.
* Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it.
* Believing and proving are two different things.
* Focus conquers a superior adversary.
* A man has to do what a man has to do.
* The age old rule…divide and conquer.
* Sometimes, when you believe in something that can’t be proved now…
it doesn’t mean it will never be proved.
* Knowing what you don’t know is almost
as important as knowing what you do know.
* The truth doesn’t always jump up into your arms.
Sometimes you have to sneak up and ambush it.
* The main difference between a wise man and a fool
is that the fool’s mistakes never teach him anything.
* Some things will never change…some will.
* The truth is the truth, no matter what you think about it.
* Time does not weaken a vow.
* Fear – it can take your soul…your heart.
* There are critical moments in everybody’s life –
when it can go one way or another.
Who you are can depend on who you meet.
* If you don’t like what you are, you can change it.
* A man of honor lives with what he does.